Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sohee's Birthday Party and Halloween Spirit Week

 
So, as you might remember, LCI has birthday parties for the kindergarten students.  This time it was it was Sohee's turn.  I briefly met her mom and the kids had a lot of fun, but none of them seemed to be a big fan of the food, and only a few touched the cake.  They had prepared a more healthy cake with lots of fruit on it.  I guess kids don't really care yet for healthy and still prefer the chocolate and full of sugar cakes.  Either way, Sohee enjoyed her little party.


So a week or so after Sohee's Birthday Party, we started Halloween Spirit Week.  Of course, spirit weeks mean different themes and the kids had a bunch of fun dressing up in different ways.  So did the teachers ... well I certainly did.  Anyway, Monday was Pajama Day, Tuesday was Crazy Hair Day, Wednesday was Sports Day, Thursday was Backwards Day, and of course Friday was Halloween meaning lots of awesome costumes.

Pajama Day
 
Crazy Hair Day

 
I didn't really know what to wear for Sports Day so my coworkers just told me to wear a hat, shorts, T-shirt, and leggings.  *Sorry I do not own a pair of sweats.*  Anyway, I had fun and wore the hat I stole (okay stole with permission) from my Uncle Jon and kind of looked like I was going fishing, Halloween style.  It amused me.
 

Sports Day

 
As I said before, Thursday was Backwards Day.  Though the outfits weren't as interesting as the other days, we did carve a pumpkin.  All the students got a chance to try digging out the insides with a spoon, but the spoon wasn't working so well so Jessica Teacher had to dig in with her bare hands and scrape it out with her hands.  Let's just say my nails definately hurt after that one.  The kids took turns with my camera so had a few pictures of me digging the pumpkin out.  We also had to stay late on Thursday to decorate the school for the big Halloween Event the next day.  They gave us pizza, fried chicken, and beer (which I didn't drink but the food was good) before we got busy with the decorations.
 

Backwards Day & Pumpkin Carving
 
 


 
The Halloween Event was a lot of fun.  As most of you know, I love dressing up in costumes, so I enjoyed myself a lot.  I was a Chinese witch and even managed to dig out my silver glasses to match the outfit.  The male teachers all did a super hero theme, and of course everyone loved it.  I was in charge of one of the face painting rooms, so I drew lots of ghosts, spiders, black cats, and coffins on different kids.  For those who didn't want Halloween face paint, I drew things like flowers, hearts, stars, and butterflies.  It was a lot of fun, though I wish I had more time as then I could have made the drawings look really good.  Sadly there were only really simple.  Though I did manage to draw something on each of my hands.  I am left handed, so I was surprised how well the coffin I drew on my left hand with my right hand turned out.  After face painting, we swapped classes and did a small trick or treating event before the kids went home.  Other events included a Haunted House, decorating Halloween sun glasses, snacks, etc.  Then we did had a song contest and anounced the various winners.  My class forgot the ending moves to the Addams Family Theme, but it was still pretty cute.  Amy from my class won the costume contest as a red crayon.
 
After the big Halloween Event, I gave tests to my second graders before Afternoon Kindergarten.  For the Afternoon Kindergarteners, Megan Teacher and I worked in the Haunted House for a little bit.  I surprised a few of the students, and scared them at first, but once they knew we were there, they started trying to scare us back.  It was amusing.  Then the two Afternoon Kindergarten classes switched and did a small trick of treat, which we were missing candy for, so it took a bit as I needed to go find candy.  Otherwise, that ended the Halloween festivities and now I need to get rid of my decorations for the upcoming open class.
 

Halloween
The male teachers as super heroes.
Ben - Batman
David - Superman
Alex - Spiderman
Serry really does look like Princess Cinderella in this picture.
Amy winning the Costume Contest as a Red Crayon.
Sally the Angel.
Right Hand
Left Hand
Me with Bella from Afternoon Kindergarten Class
 Morning Kindergarten Class
Halloween Teachers
 
 
I tried to upload the video of the kids singing the Addams family that Alex took for me, but alas it kept failing.  Oh, and to top it all off, I lost my voice again afterwards ... I have a feeling I won't be getting my voice back until Christmas break when I can actually stop talking for once ... Never thought I would actually find the day that I wanted to stop talking.  (Voted most talkative in High School)
 



No comments:

Post a Comment