Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween Week




Photo By: Lucy Teacher

So I started of Halloween week by going to Everland with Alexa, Chris, and Jisu to see their Halloween events.  We tried to purchase packages online but they were already sold out.  We went in the afternoon for the discounted rate but by the time we got there, everything except the Halloween dance party was sold out.  Which meant no mazes and horror houses or zombie makeup.  We were a bit disappointed.  So we hurried and got tickets for the dance party which came with a free drink then headed to do the hologram ride.  I must say that it was impressive as we watched Big Bang perform as it seems like a real concert and not holograms.  The holograms looked a lot like real people.  Then we went to the gift shop and did the picture machines which let us take pictures with members of big bang in the background.  It was fun.




Photo By: Lucy Teacher

Then we headed off to the dance party.  It was okay, mostly hip hop and rap music.  Not normally my style plus once they started singing songs that were all English curse words I was like I'm done.  I find that Koreans are much like me and don't dance unless they are shown what to do.  Actually, I might dance worse than Koreans as I don't really dance at all.  I did like the goofier rapper who wore glasses and a hat.  He had great stage character though the others were not as interesting.  One ripped off his shirt and another started licking phones.  Granted I can't blame him for licking the phones as people were pretty rude and had their phones practically in the singers faces with what I call selfie rods.  Anyway, the Everland trip was a bust but we had a good dinner at a galbi place that I really like that serves egg as a side dish.




So Monday was crazy hair day so I wore my pink wig that I brushed out for two hours and braided.  Sadly it did not stay looking pretty and because it is a heavy wig, it kept trying to fall off.  My kids had a lot of colorful braided hair clips, gelled hair, a Frozen hat with Elsa hair, and lots of bows in their hair.  Matthew won with his gelled up hair and Olivia won with her colorful braids.  Tuesday was sports day and I just wore a black sweater with an orange T-shirt on top with a logging cap that I stole (well technically it was eventually just given to me) from my Uncle Jon.  It's a close to sporty as I could get as I don't really have sports clothes.  I had a lot of runners and ballerinas in my class though Matthrew's swimming outfit was pretty cool. Sua won with her rhythmic gymnastic ribbons and Cindy won with her belly dancing outfit.



Photo By: Sunny Teacher

Wednesday was Backwards Day which I find normally to be pretty boring.  This year they gave us permission to wear costumes instead on Wednesday and Thursday since all classes would be doing at least a small Halloween event, so I wore a version of my black cat costume.  The kids liked it and a lot of the older kids would play with my tail or ears during the afternoon classes.  They really liked my kitty tights as well.  I learned that I don't like having high pigtails (or what I call twin tails as I watch too much anime).  I find they make me look like an old person trying to look young.  Lesson learned.  Anyway, I actually liked how Yebin's dress looked for Backwards Day, but Jordan and Jumee won.




Thursday was Pajama Day which I decided to ignore and wear a costume again.  This time I chose to wear my Chinese dress outfit (Qipao?) as it had no sleeves so would be easier to keep clean while carving pumpkins.  Again, I was the only one who wore a costume, but that's okay because I enjoy wearing costumes.  My kids all liked my outfit anyway.  We took lots of fun pictures and carved a simple pumpkin.  My kitchen prep skills that I learned in college really help when cleaning out the insides of a pumpkin.  Thank you Elizabethtown College Dining Services! ^.^  Anyway, I'm not really good at carving pumpkins so we had a really simple face but the kids didn't mind.  They all had fun though one class had a rotten pumpkin so the teachers just started calling it a zombie pumpkin.  Being Halloween and all the kids didn't have any problem accepting that explanation and thought it was the coolest thing ever.  This was the first day that Thriller, my song for song contest, started looking good and I hoped they would keep up the enthusiasm.  Bella came back that day and she and Yebin won for Pajama Day.  Though I will add that it was amusing walking around the streets for lunch and after work to go shopping in the Chinese dress.



Photo By: Sunny Teacher

Last of course was Friday and Halloween Day.  For once Halloween actually fell on a Friday so that was nice.  We had a lot of superheroes and Disney characters this year for Halloween.  Megan (Elsa), Alexa (Olaf), and I (Anna) did the Frozen trio.  I was sad because I had washed my costume, not knowing that the flowers on the skirt were hand painted on.  So my Anna costume's skirt has no more flowers.  At least if I was going to mess something up, it was something small that didn't take away from the costume too much.  Kristine was Snow White and Chris was Minnie Mouse.  Ashley did Wonder Woman and Laura was a deer.  I really liked how Laura's costume turned out.  It was adorable.  Of course, all the kids loved that we did Frozen and were all excited.  There were eight students as Elsa and three students as Anna.  Four of them were from my class.  I have to say that because Anna's dress is simpler, the costumes looked better than the Elsa costumes.  Anyway, it was definitely a Frozen Halloween and I hear that back home in America, there were a lot of Elsa costumes when kids went trick-or-treating on Halloween night.




So this year I did game room as I didn't want to do face painting again for the third year.  I was in charge of the eye ball tossing game.  Chris' class did the best out of all the classes who tried my game.  The other games were a straw sucking carrying game and pin the bow tie on the skeleton.  We also added a ring toss over pumpkin game and keep the pumpkin balloon in the air later on when the elementary kids participated.  After games were done, my class went to Kristine's class and went trick-or-treating to get candy.  Then we practiced Thriller again and I changed some positions which really helped the song.  After lunch we had the costume contest and Ashley and Maychel won for my class though personally I liked Yebin's Anna costume and Jordan's pirate costume the most.  Then we took a group Frozen picture, a group picture for other Disney characters, a group picture for superheroes, and a group picture for everyone else.  

Photo By: Lucy Teacher

Photo By: Lucy Teacher

Photo By: Lucy Teacher

Last was song contest and like always I was the MC, which is fine because I love MCing.  Most of the classes did pretty well, though a few of the newer classes were shy and didn't quite understand what they were suppose to be doing.  My class was awesome and I hope someone downloads a video cause they kicked butt.  Though they did have a little trouble staying in character and pretending to be zombies throughout the song, they were able to keep up all the dance moves and I only had to help them a little towards the end.  Then as a class they said with me the final creepy poem and fell to the end which was awesome.  The fell dead so well I was afraid that one of them would have gotten hurt.  My class won the song contest this year with Thriller and I think this is the first time I have won song contest so I can't complain.  I have gotten second before but never first prize.  From what Megan and Chris told me, my class always does well in song contest because they were very expressive.




So, while the voting was going on, I had a little surprise for the kids.  I brought the Frozen CD knowing that there would be time when I needed to occupy them.  So, I was going to sing Let it Go when much to my surprise as well, Megan, who was playing Elsa, joined me and we did a little Let it Go skit together.  Lucy was nice enough to send me an eight second clip of the two of us going through the motions, though you couldn't hear us because the kids were singing along.  I also did Do You Want to Build a Snowman by myself for the kids to kill some extra time before they had to go home.  Chris and Megan won the classroom decorating contest.  

Video By: Lucy Teacher



Photo By: Lucy Teacher

Either way, Halloween was a blast and it didn't end there.  This year, we also allowed the older students to have a short Halloween event.  They had fifteen minute to play in big gym and then they got to go trick-or-treating.  Since I was hanging out with Alexa after school, I stayed late and joined in with classes that I don't normally have which they liked.  A few of the kids wanted to take my picture which didn't bother me at all.  I took some pictures as even some of the older kids decided to wear costumes.  They looked adorable.  Then afterwards Alexa and I had galbi at my favorite galbi restaurant that has a nice salad and egg as sides before we headed off to her place to watch Another, a horror anime that I enjoy, though we didn't finish it as we were both exhausted and I went home to crash for the night.  It was a fun Halloween week and to follow I started writing a novel for National Novel Writing Month so hopefully I stick to it.  I wrote 3,873 words on my first day.  I am participating because I wanted to do something with my mom and sister.  Wish me luck. ^.^

Photo By: Kristine Teacher

Photo By: Kristine Teacher

Photo By: Lauren Teacher

Photo By: Lauren Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment