Friday, October 24, 2014

Field Trips, International Fireworks Festival, Getting Ready for Halloween, and More



 
 

So as many of you know, I LOVE Halloween.  I am interested in cosplaying and so any holiday that I can wear a costume (plus the added bonus of candy) is a holiday I am completely interested in.  Halloween is also one of the biggest events that LCI does, yay!  And this year we are doing a small event for all the classes so we have permission to wear costumes two other days besides the actual day of the Halloween event.  Hmm.... haven't decided what to do yet, but even if I'm the only teacher, I may just wear the costumes for fun. 




 

Anyway, my class is pretty busy so most of our Halloween decorations are small things I saved over the years and coloring pages they had fun with.  Though we did make creepy looking ghosts with our faces on them.  I even made one for my cat Bella .... I wonder what Bella would think of her ghost.  We made pumpkin drawings too which I used as hats but unlike my black cat theme last year, Halloween decorations are sadly lacking.  And I've been sadly disappoint but the older kids have been stealing the little sticky window decorations.  I don't know who it is but it is sad that they are doing it.  I've also been so busy that the monster project ended up being done with Hanna Teacher.  Thanks for your help Hanna Teacher.  But with the two of us helping, the kids ended up with a mommy and baby monster.





So for Halloween, my class will be performing the song Thriller.  Now, I normally avoid this song because a friend of mine was obsessed with it as a kids and overplayed it.  But doing it with my class is pretty fun as they get really into being zombies and actually get all up in my face.  We are constantly laughing throughout the song.  But that means that we still have a lot of memorizing and dancing to learn before Halloween if my kids have any chance at the song contest.  T.T





So we've had two field trips since the last time I posted.  The first was to the Gyeonggi Museum where I have been before, but it was nice because we didn't do the same things that we did the last time we were good.  Which is good because my class has also been there one or two times before with the school.  There was a tower and rock wall that they could climb, a dance mat where they chased lights, bikes that made flowers spin, a money game room, a place where they made Styrofoam cars, and a library where they could read Korean books.  It was a lot of fun. 





The second field trip was our normal hiking trip though I forget the name of the mountain at the moment.  The kids had fun playing in the playgrounds and finding leaves.  Thankfully they didn't try to wonder away much, just walked too fast for the other classes.  John, from Laura's class, was doing this cute bow to the girls which I caught a little on video. 





We also had reading champions where three of my students, Elizabeth, Ian, and William, placed.  I was going to teach Black Beauty and play Horseland with some of my students, but the class got canceled before we could get into it.  We have a new coworker named Kristine and she seems to be doing well so far.  Last, my kindergarten had pictures taken for graduation outside this year, which was a little different than before but much more fun as my class got to play outside afterwards.  Didn't get much work done but it was fun and totally worth it.  Minus the tug of war on my arms.  Haha.  Otherwise things are normal at work and starting next month I will have some extra prep time to enjoy.





So, some random things that I have been doing that are not related to school.  I hit over 500 completed anime, which includes OVAs, sequels, movies, series, etc.  I saw the ending of a lunar eclipse where the moon was read.  I watched the moon come out again as it slower slid back into white.  I helped Alexa go around to small shops looking for the perfect pieces for her Alessa cosplay which will have pictures in the next post where I talk about Seoul Comic World.  And I learned how to iron clothes as some of my costumes were in desperate need of ironing after being in storage for two years.





Last, I returned to the International Fireworks Festival again this year.  We were by the bridge so we could see the low fireworks and all but the very bottom of the higher fireworks. Though the bridge made it hard to take pictures, and being by the water was cold, it was still a pretty good spot.  Seems like you have to get there at 8 AM to get the really good seats.  We brought food this time and I took Kristine and Anna.  It was Kristine's first day in Korea so it she was pretty tired,  We also met up with some Korean friend's of Anna's.  Italy's was my favorite as it was well timed with the music and had amazing ground fireworks. 





I believe England, China, and Korea were the other countries participating.  All of them seemed to play a song from their home country and a tribute to Korea.  Anna taught us how to play Pass the Pig or Toss the Pig.  Something like that.  It sounded stupid but was actually pretty addicting.  They also did the fireworks off the bridge again and since we were right next to the bridge, it was pretty cool to see, well minus the smoke of course.  My next post should be about Seoul Comic World and my adventure there.





No comments:

Post a Comment