Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Co-worker's Birthday and Snow

So Megan had a birthday near the end of November, so most of the foreign teachers went together to celebrate her birthday at an really fancy Indian restaurant.  Having missed Indian curry, I was glad to go and enjoyed the food a lot.  I met some new people, mostly a friend of Megan's and one of Ben's.  Everyone had lots of different types of Indian food and it looked so good.  We all had a good time, and it was one of those rare moments that I actually went out with the group.  I really should do it more often rather than hide in my apartment ^.^ .  Anyway, Ben's friend took this fun photo, though I am looking down in the picture, perhaps answering a text of moving something that fell. 

 
The adventure was getting there.  So, I was going to go to Nathaniel's apartment since it was closer to the restaurant than mine was.  It was dark, and I decided to take the Bus 11 which I knew went to Jukjeon Station, but I got on a different stop.  I had no idea that this Bus 11 went the other way and ended up at the Migeum Station which was two stops past Jukjeon.  It was a little nerve wracking, but once found the station in Migeum, all was well.  So, I went to Nathaniel's and then the next day I tried to find my way to the restaurant.  As many of you know, I have no sense of direction and though I got to the station okay, I wandered around Myungdong for a while before calling Chris who gave me directions as best she could over the phone.  We weren't having much luck when I noticed I was behind the Royal Hotel which had been on the map that Megan gave me.  I went to go around towards the front of the hotel and ended up finding the TAJ, Taste of India restaurant on the way.  Lucky me!
 
Pictures from the Flurries Early in the Week
 


Anyway, as I said before, we had a blast and I returned to Nathaniel's when they decided to go drinking as I was tired.  Soon the weekend was over and it was back to work.  Though a few times this week we had some snow and the kids got really excited about the snow, especially on Wednesday when we got a lot of snow.  We even let them go to the rooftop garden and play outside for a bit.  They liked to throw snowballs at me and we built a mini snowman on the roof.  But we couldn't stay out for too long as they were cold and we didn't want them to get sick.  Needless to say that they had a lot of energy.
 
OMG It's Snowing!

 
So, the snow got bad enough that the buses were stuck in traffic and couldn't pick up the kids for the afternoon classes on Wednesday, so all afternoon classes were cancelled and we were actually sent home early.  Sadly, that means we will likely be making up those afternoon classes some Saturday, but for today it was a nice break.  Who doesn't get excited for a Snow Day!  I took my normal route home, despite knowing some areas would be difficult to walk due to the snow and took lots of great pictures. 






 

No comments:

Post a Comment